My beautiful and wonderful family!

My beautiful and wonderful family!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Perseverance

I would like to say that I am a perseverant person, but in reality I think that the "am not" list is longer than the "am" list. Granted, there have been things that have happened in my life that have been extremely hard to get through and I've gotten through them. But I have stated to notice a pattern in my life that I am determined to change: The effort I put into something is solely based on how long it is going to take me to do it, and how much effort it is going to take to make it happen. This observation about myself is so ridiculous! I limit myself so much because of that. Now this observation makes me sound like I'm lazy and that's not completely true, but I have gotten used to things coming easily to me, not really having to work super hard for what I want. I need to change! I need to be more self-disciplined and set higher goals for myself. I read a quote today on perseverance that kinda hit home for me and it says:

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." ~Earl Nightingale

This quote is so true! I am going to take it to heart and make the most of the time I've got. I want to persevere!

No comments: