My beautiful and wonderful family!

My beautiful and wonderful family!

Monday, July 23, 2007

The Risks We Take

You know, there are so many things that we hold back in this life! I am just as guilty as the next person, but I think that I am learning the importance of taking risks. It is hard to put yourself out in the middle of nowhere and say, "Ok, here I am, come at me with all you've got!" In some ways we do that when we think the cause is worth all the pummeling.

I have learned that when I put myself on the line and I give everything I possibly can, there have been no regrets for me. I know that the cause I am fighting for is something that I want with my whole heart, and even though it may not end in the way that I would want most, it has changed my life for the better. "What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger!" I was reminded of this by a good friend recently and I have to say that when you're going through the situation at the time, it seems very futile, but now looking back on it, how true it is! I wouldn't be who I am today without having risked stepping out of my comfort zone, committing wholeheartedly to something...or someone, or simply giving of myself to both those that I love and those that I hardly know at all. In every opportunity I have had to take these risks, there have been life changing opportunities, and I wouldn't trade that for the world! No matter how hard it may be at times! It's worth the risk!

No comments: