My beautiful and wonderful family!

My beautiful and wonderful family!

Friday, July 27, 2007

My Heart Is Full


At this moment my heart is very full. Over the last few weeks my thoughts, feelings, and emotions have been very close to the surface. I am very overcome with a feeling of deep and complete love for some specific people in my life. What is love? What does it really encompass? And how can you know when it has really hit you? I'm not sure that I know all those answers but there is something that I do know for sure. There is not one relationship in my life that has not changed me for good. I am a better person for having gone through and for going through the things that I have. No matter how much I have had to sacrifice, it has always been worth it in the end. I can honestly say that I would not be the person I am today without having loved. It is the deepest emotion a person can feel and I am truly grateful for the people that have come into my life and that I have had the opportunity to care for. I have learned so much. And I hope that there is no doubt that I would be willing to give anything to those that I care about. There is no sacrifice too large that would keep me from giving to them the things they need to be happy in this life.


As I was reflecting on this my mind immediately caught hold to the thought of my brother leaving on his mission. For any of those that know my brother and I, you would know how close we are to each other. Being separated is not something that I like to dwell on and I know that it is going to hit me like a ton of bricks when he finally walks through our front door for the last time on his way to the MTC. I love him so much! He has been my best friend when there was no one else I could turn to. He knows me better than I know myself. He also gives the best hugs in the whole world! How can I live without that for two years? He is my cheerleader, a listening ear, my biggest support, and my shoulder to cry on. And he always understands! Always! I'm not too silly for him, and we can be crazy with each other. He is my greatest and dearest friend, and now he is leaving. I know that the next two years are going to be hard, but I am so excited for him to have this experience! And I want to be that support to him that he has always been for me. I love him so much! Who could ask for a better friend! Someone to make me laugh (and usually uncontrollably), to lift me up when I'm down, and to always be cheering me on when there may not be anyone else there. He truly is the greatest blessing to me in my life and I am so grateful for him! There is nothing else so wonderful than to have my brother around. And I am so grateful that he has the opportunity to bless the lives of the people in Switzerland. He is a beautiful person going to one of the most beautiful places in the whole world! How fitting. And how incredibly wonderful!

No comments: