My beautiful and wonderful family!

My beautiful and wonderful family!

Friday, August 3, 2007

The Growth From Trials

Wow! Talk about things hitting all at once. I'm sure everyone knows what that feels like! Things are going better than you could have possibly hoped and then....BAM! Kinda knocks your socks off! Well anyway, even though I am in the midst of some really trying times right now, I can see the end and I know that everything is going to work out just the way it's supposed to.

Having that knowledge, that everything is going to work out, is comforting, but at the same time it doesn't take away the hurt and longing that comes while dealing with these trials. I think that the fear of the unknown is what gets me. I hope things will turn out a certain way, but I really don't know what to expect. That's where faith comes in. Have I fully turned this over to the Lord? Am I trying to fix this myself, or am I casting the burden onto someone else, my Savior, who is much stronger than I could possibly fathom? As I have really taken this to heart, I have been at peace. Yes, things still hurt, and emotions run high at times, but I do know that everything is going to turn out fine. There is so much beauty in the peace that the Spirit can bring into your life once you embrace it! What a sweet and unsurpassed gift! It is truly incredible that through the spirit we can feel our Savior's love so fully and completely. He is there for us, and we just have to let him in. Once we have let go of all of our hurt and yearning, and passed it on, there is going to come into our lives a greater meaning and purpose. I know this to be true, and I feel the gentle urging of the spirit guiding me in a way that I need to go to make myself more fully able to reach my greatest potential.

No comments: