My beautiful and wonderful family!

My beautiful and wonderful family!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thinking...

There have been so many things that I have been thinking about in these last couple months! This time of life is full of so much decision making and it feels like eternal consequences. Who in their right mind would have a 21 year old decide an eternal destiny? I have no idea! But regardless, it's still happening and things seem crazy as ever! Remember high school when we thought all of our problems would be over once we got in to college? Everything was going to fall into place and we would get married, finish school, start a family, and life would be just peachy. Well...It's not so easy as that! Don't I wish! Holy cow! But the thing is, it's all good! I have learned so much! And I know that I am doing what I'm supposed to and I am where I need to be. That's all that can be expected from us. To follow the Lord and the promptings of the spirit.
Matters of the heart are so indcredibly tender and sensitive. I am learning that it is really really hard to deal with that at times! There are days when my heart just yearns for love and acceptance from someone. To be near them, to do things with them, to make memories, to laugh, to play, to learn from them, to feel with them, to experience life with them. But sometimes, it's just not meant to be. Sometimes, we are to learn from a person and that's it. They help us to become better, to give of ourself in different ways. And that's alright. It's perfectly wonderful to have those kinds of experiences, but the hard part is reminding yourself that things will work out for you. Maybe not now, but later. Later I can have that. But right now I need to focus on me. I need to do things for myself that will help me become a better person.
I know that I was supposed to come to Chandler Gilbert Community College. There is no doubt in my mind! The experiences I have had here and the people that have come into my life are absolutely incredible! I have learned so much from them! I have learned how to handle incredible stress, how to heal a broken hearted friend, how to listen, how to love unconditionally, how to understand the feelings of the spirit, how to look outside myself, how to laugh and be silly, how to have fun, how to be there. All of these things have become great blessings in my life and those that have taught me these things will forever have a special place in my heart. I have incredible friends! They are wonderful examples and have amazing characteristics and qualities that I want to emulate in my life. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here and learn from them.
Life is good! Sometimes confusing...ok a lot of times confusing, but so good! I am truly blessed with the things I have and the people that are in my life! I guess all we can really do is trust and things will be ok. I know they will! And everything will work out for the very best.

3 comments:

Ashley Marie said...

Brittney you are so awesome. I remember thinking in high school that things would never work out for me and here they are working out just wonderfully. I admire your attitude, spirit, and patience.

Stormy and Spenser said...

Brittney! I love blog hopping! Becuase than I find fun friends like you! :) I hope you don't mind me reading your blog!

A. L. Martin said...

Amen! amen! Amen! Amen! Brittney, i just love you....