My beautiful and wonderful family!

My beautiful and wonderful family!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Grandpa

I have been thinking about my grandpa a lot today and I was playing through some old tunes on the piano this morning that he and I would listen to together. I cherish the time I had with my grandpa and every time I think of him now I just have an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for the person that he was and the example he set for me. He is wonderful! And I just wanted to add some pictures of him on here, mostly for my benefit, and because I just love him to pieces and it's fun to remember good times!

Pres. Monson was my grandpa's mission president. Here's my grandparents visiting him in Salt Lake.

This was one of the most tender moments with my grandpa. I wanted more than anything for him to be at my jazz concert this last fall. He made it! I was so grateful. It was a very emotional moment for the both of us. He passed away one week later.

I love this picture! We surprised my grandpa and met him at Disneyland with the whole family. Here we are getting on "It's A Small World."

Grandpa was all about Uncle Remus stories! He did all the voices and sound effects. It was so fun to listen to him! Benny got in on it too this time.

I love this pic too! My Grandma and Grandpa are on the Roger Rabbit Ride. They are so awesome!

This is when Grandpa first got to Disneyland and we surprised him. He couldn't get over that we were really all there with him!

My birthday party with the family. My grandpa and I looking at one of our favorite old records. John Gary rocks!!

Ha Ha! My grandpa was the best marshmallow warrior you could ask for! He hid himself pretty well from our enemies!!

This picture brings back lots of memories. He was a thinker and this place we were at (Jarskey Springs) was a place where many a memory has been made. I can only imagine his thoughts as we were there.

On our family vacation to Greer. My grandpa was a huge reader!! He LOVED books! That was something that was really special to him and I. Here he is reading with my grandma.

Christmas at my grandparents house is always so much fun and we have some great traditions and lots of fun laughs!

My grandparents came to Thatcher for when Josh was ordained an Elder. This is taken in front of my college house.

Oh man! My grandpa was so strong! Here he is with Preston trying to teach him how to link arms and then stand up. It was always fun to watch him do stunts like this.

No comments: