My beautiful and wonderful family!

My beautiful and wonderful family!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Temple Pics

In January of my best friends got married. I had decided that I didn't want to give a traditional wedding gift like something from a registry or a crock pot or towels...it didn't seem very symbolic to me of the happiness I felt for him and his eternal companion. A towel said nothing to me in the way of sentiments so I decided to do something completely from me. I decided that if I were to get married I would want pictures in my house! Pictures of things that were important to me and symbolized my life, personality, goals, and happiness. What better to take a picture of than the temple? And what an appropriate occasion. I had a vision of what I wanted it to turn out as so I went to the temple and took pictures for about an hour all over the grounds trying to get my perfect shot for what I was envisioning. I knew that I didn't want it to be a traditional front view of the temple and I new that I didn't want to see the whole temple. I wanted it to be from a different angle than you normally see, so I took lots of pictures! I found the ONE in all those pictures and I was so excited! It was perfect! I had to go to a printer to get it done because I had it made into an 11x14 picture. I made it a sepia color and it really gave the effect I wanted! I was so excited about it! Anyway, it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to! I was pretty pleased with the results! By no means am I a photographer so it isn't perfect or edited in any way besides being changed to sepia, but for me, I was pretty happy! My friend loved the gift so that made me really excited too! Anyway, here are some of the ones I liked and then the last two are the original picture and then after I changed the color.







This is the ONE! I love how it turned out...

I took this picture on the baptistry side.


I took these about a week later when I went with some friends to the visitors center. It's hard to take pics at night! I didn't know that until I started taking them! I'll bring my tripod next time!

I like how this one turned out despite the people and the golf cart in front of it but that's ok!


This one is a little blurry but I still like it a lot

2 comments:

Aubrey Noble said...

Your pictures are great! And what a great gift! :)

Brittney Chapman said...

Thanks Aubrey! You are so sweet! I had fun with it! :)