My beautiful and wonderful family!

My beautiful and wonderful family!

Monday, July 20, 2009

In God We Trust

I just got an e-mail that had this song attached to it. I thought this song was great! It's amazing to me that so much of what this country was founded upon is being pushed aside and as a people we are putting ourselves above God and believing that we have no need for Him in our lives. It's a sad reality in this world we are living in today.

I believe that the men who founded this country were inspired men and that they are men of God. Heavenly Father really knows what he is doing when he sends each of us down at specific periods in time. Our founding fathers were called to start this blessed country and to set a standard for the people who lived in it. We were sent here to stand up to the world and fight for the things we know are right. The things that this country was based upon. Prayer, service, a love of God, courage, and strength are things that this world is in lack of and we have the obligation to stand up for these values.

Enjoy this song! I hope it touches you as it did me.

">

P.S. I met the piano player for this group when he came to Thatcher a few years ago to play for a group who wrote the album "Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet". One of the guys in the group is the son of one of my Mom's really good friends so we were able to go to her house after the show and talk with the group and he was so fun to listen to. He talked about alot of neat experiences he's had playing the piano for Diamond Rio and I was especially impressed by his endorsement for this up and coming group. They are all LDS, as is he and it was just a really cool opportunity.
P.P.S Another cool side note is that at the performance we were at I was asked to play the closing song for the meeting and I played on his keyboard and sat up on the stage with the group which was incredibly exciting to me! He even told me I played well! It was only a hymn but still! It pretty much made my day! :)

No comments: