My beautiful and wonderful family!

My beautiful and wonderful family!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Random Things About Me


I just wrote this on Facebook and I thought it would be fun to put it on my blog too! It took forever for me to think of things to put on here!

1. I love zucchini cooked with caramelized onions!!

2. I want to be a music therapist and work with kids with mental disabilities

3. I got my ears pierced when I was 18, my mom thought that would be a nice present to me for my birthday. (Ummm...I was scared out of my mind!) She had to hold my hand while they did it and two people actually pierced my ears at the same time because I knew that if it wasn't all done at the same time, I would never let them do the second one!

4. I play the violin, and the piano

5. I love kiddy books!! Picture books rock!

6. I have had an interview on the news before!

7. I know you would never believe this, but I had to turn my "card" to yellow one time in the 4th grade for talking during a math lesson! I was mortified and had an emotional breakdown! My teacher felt so horrible for making me do it and she kept apologizing to me. Kinda funny now that I think about it!

8. I have written a couple of songs

9. Someday I want to make a recording of songs that I love and possibly some songs that I have written.

10. I have eaten cow tongue. Not too bad once you get past the "I'm seriously eating cow tongue" part!

11. I collect Phantom of the Opera music boxes. Phantom has been my favorite musical since I was like 8 years old! I want to see it on Broadway so bad!

12. I have been in an accident with a bear! Totaled our suburban!

13. I love the mountains more than any place on earth

14. I am scared of needles! Bad experiences! :/

15. My favorite restaurant is Mattas!

16. Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, Robin Williams, Will Smith, Megan Follows, Julia Roberts, Richard Gere, and then the old greats like Audrey Hepburn, Judy Garland, Danny Kay, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and Gene Kelly (Oh man! my secret crush!) are some of my favorites to watch!

17. I have seen at least 7 Broadway shows on stage

18. The kids I work with in the Cub House at Bashas think I'm pretty cool! (who woulda thought?!) They give me lots of artwork and I like to keep it and put it on the door to my bedroom

19. I am in love with vocal jazz music!! Whether it be solo or ensemble, man...that stuff just gets me goin! I love the soul in it!!!

20. I used to play softball on a city league. My favorite position was left field.

21. I hate people looking at my feet! There's nothing wrong with them, but it is just weirds me out a little! Exception: getting pedicures! Now that is amazing!

22. My secret passion is interior decorating! I would really love to take a class on it to get more knowledge under my belt, but it is just so neat! I want my house when I get older to have different themed rooms. Like one southern style, one victorian/antiquey, one very lavish and elegant, one ethnic, one bold and bright colors...I don't know... a little strange but I want my house to be a canvas! I want to play!

23. I like to paint with watercolors

24. When I'm stressed out I color. I have an "Ice Age" coloring book right now that I use and I have to use crayons when I color. No markers!

25. I love when people give me nice notes! I used to tape all the notes people would give me on the back of my door and they make me happy! It's amazing how much a simple compliment or thanks can do for you!

So there you go! Kinda fun to think about what some people may not know about me yet! I pretty much divulge my life to the public, but hopefully there was something in there you didn't know.

1 comment:

Tiphaine Brewer said...

Matta's is so my favorite, too...Aunt Shelley used to take me there every time I would come to visit! I miss it!