My beautiful and wonderful family!

My beautiful and wonderful family!

Monday, February 23, 2009

A Very Good Weekend!

WOW! This last weekend was full of so many different things! I had a blast! I started out the weekend with a Mary Kay Party with some of my girly friends. It was fun! We had a great time! I was able to catch up with some people I hadn't seen in a while and it was just a fun time to be a silly girl!

Then I worked all day Friday, from 10-7, but I was able to learn some new things at the store to help out on the front end and stuff. I had fun learning how to do U-Scan (self-checkouts) and I was able to help out the cashiers and courtesy clerks. I definitely miss being up in the front of the store helping customers! I loved being a cashier when I was in Thatcher! I just love being able to talk to people and interact with the people I work with. In the Cub House I am in a little glass box and I can't really leave and interact with anyone besides the kids. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job and I love being with the kids I work with! It is so rewarding and lots of fun, but I have to admit that I do miss the adult conversation sometimes. So it was a nice break for me to be able to work the front end on Friday.

Then on Saturday I was super busy! I woke up at 6:30 and got ready to go to a service project that our Relief Society was doing for our enrichment night. It was awesome! We went to a domestic violence shelter and helped for about 2 hours and cleaned things up a bit. It was very rewarding and I am so glad that I did it! I was in the kitchen helping out and we were all supposed to sign up for specific jobs and no one wanted to clean the oven, so I took it. I was happy to do it though. Cleaning a stove, and the grill and degreasing everything is kind of important for sanitation and stuff! Let me tell you though, this was a BIG job! It was huge!! Two ovens, a 6 burner stove, and then a grill that covered the whole top of one over sized oven. All of it was cast iron. WOW! It was a lot of work but so worth it! It took me the entire 2 hours to clean all of that up but I felt so good after doing it! After I was all done the supervisor over our group came up to me and told me how much she appreciated me taking the initiative and doing that because it needed to be done so badly. I was just happy to be there. I have needed to get outside myself for a long time and I was just so glad for the opportunity to do something like that for these people who needed it so badly.

After I was down there I had to go home and get ready to go to Ben's Regional Choir Concert. It was so good! My choir director at the college was his director for regionals so that was pretty cool! They did a FANTASTIC job! Ben has decided that he is definitely going to take choir at the college the semester before he goes on his mission so that is pretty cool! I'm excited for him! I have loved being part of that choir!

After the concert I went with my family to my cousin's birthday party which was a blast! She turned 9 years old! I can't believe how old my cousins are getting! All of the girls in that family are absolutely adorable! I just love them to pieces!

We left around 7:30 and I had to get ready to go to a Young Single Adults Activity that started at 9. I was so tired, but I knew that I should go and meet some new people. I am trying to be better about getting involved in my single's ward and going to the activities that are going on! I definitely need to be more social! So anyway, I went to the activity and it was really fun! We went to Polar Ice and I went ice skating for the first time! It was exciting! I think that I will like it even better the next time I go because I was just trying to get used to it this time, but I really did enjoy myself! And another cool thing was that I was able to see alot of people from my hometown and that was fun too! I really enjoyed being able to catch up with people and meeting some new people too! There were 750 people there! Insane! I was pretty proud of myself for going and it ended up being alot better than I expected it to be! Plus, I go to do something I have never done before which is always exciting and fun! :)

No comments: